Behold the beginning of our 100 Favorite Dishes of 2016 listicle! Every day through the publication of our Best Of 2016 issue (and sometimes, twice a day), we’ll be bringing you our favorite dishes across Orange County, leading up to the best in the land. Enjoy!
We heart Burger Parlor, plain and simple. Our new favorite burger, however, is the exact opposite of that. Clocking in as one hot mess is the culmination of a number of our favorite things. There’s a savory addiction to chili cheese Fritos, a hankering for house chili, and saucy cheese to properly bind things together. Oh, and jalapenos for some bite.
It is messy and unapologetic— and we can relate. While you could pair with a frothy shake, go above and beyond and find something on tap. Fries or rings? It doesn’t matter. We’re too busy eating. Oh, and please pass a wet nap!
Burger Parlor has two locations in Fullerton and Orange. Find them at www.burgerparlor.com .
87. Maui Sunrise at The Original Banzai Bowls 
88. Meals from The Performance Kitchen
89. Pizza-Sized Quesadilla at Los Sanchez
90. Filipino Brunch at EATS Kitchen And Bar 
91. Mexican Chocolate at the Pie Hole 
92. Biscuits at James Republic 
93. Mushroom Flatbread with Kale and Kumquat Salad at Lemonade
94. Mexican-Style Gelatins from Santa Ana’s Gelatina Goddess 
95. Hot Pastrami Caesar Salad at Bruxie 
96. Jalapeño Pupusas at Las Cazuelas 
97. Meatball Sliders at Fresh Brothers 
98. Buffalo Cauliflower at Mead’s Green Door Cafe
 99. Raindrop Cake at Sunmerry Bakery
 100. Doughrito at Surfin’ Donuts