We are SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL OF HUNTINGTON BEACH, part of a global organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
To do this, we need the support of our friends and businesses in Huntington Beach and surrounding communities. On Thursday, November 1, we are having our annual Fall Fundraiser, Leap Into Service, a Wine Tasting and Dinner Buffet at Baci Restaurant in Huntington Beach. We welcome you, your family and friends to attend this event.
Aside from 5 generous wine tastings, you will receive a buffet dinner which includes Baci’s famous tiramisou, the chance to win a prize in one of our mystery boxes and/or to win one of our amazing silent auction baskets.
The cost: $50 per person.
To purchase tickets, go to: https://sihbwine2018.eventbrite.com.
The Huntington Beach Club works on many projects which benefit women locally and globally. Major projects include:
- Live Your Dream: Education and Training Awards for Women
- Dream It, Be It: Career Support for Girls
- Dolly Wakeham “Adopt-A-Mom” Memorial Grant
- Day of Empowerment in Collaboration with the Assistance League of Huntington Beach
- Project Self-Sufficiency
- Collette’s Children’s Home
- Waymakers Huntington Beach Youth Shelter
- Assistance for Senior Women in Need through the Huntington Beach Senior Center
- The CARE Programs at Golden West College, Coastline College and Orange Coast College
- Haitian Outreach
100% of the net proceeds will go to funding more Live Your Dream cash awards to single women, head of their households, who are attending an undergraduate program, vocational or trade school to improve their lives and the lives of their children.
Soroptimist International of Huntington Beach is a 501(c)(3) non profit. For more information about our organization, go to: soroptimisthuntingtonbeach.org