With 7,100 Starbucks locations closing tonight at 5:30 for a three-hour, nationwide “training session,” what's a coffee addict to do?
There are dozens of local coffeehouses that should be cashing in and welcoming new costumers. A few worth a visit:
• Kean Coffee, 2043 Westcliff Dr., Ste. 100, Newport Beach, (949) 642-5326.
• Gypsy Den, 2930 Bristol St., Ste. B102, Costa Mesa, (714) 549-7012. Also at 125 N. Broadway Ave., Santa Ana, (714) 835-8840.
• Avanti Cafe, 259 E. 17th St., Costa Mesa, (949) 548-2224.
• Tulley's Coffee, 4610 Barranca Pkwy., Irvine, (949) 451-6855.
• Alta Coffee N Roasting Co., 506 31st St., Newport Beach, (949) 675-0233.
• Kelly's Coffee, 1801 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, (714) 621-0471. Also at 4341 Macarthur Blvd., Newport Beach, (949) 475-9288.
Where will you be getting your caffeine fix?
Patrice Marsters started at OC Weekly as an intern, just before the first issue was published. She is now the associate editor of the paper, serves on the board of the Orange County Press Club, and mentors aspiring writers and editors at Newport Harbor High School. In her spare time, Ms. Marsters co-leads a multi-level Girl Scout troop, creates baked goods, and rants at inanimate objects (including her computer) about her grammatical and writing pet peeves.